Mixed vegetables is a dish that contains a combination of various types of chopped or diced vegetables, which are cooked together to create a flavorful and nutritious meal. The exact composition of mixed vegetables can vary, but common ingredients may include carrots, peas, corn, green beans, bell peppers, and sometimes potatoes. The vegetables are usually sautéed or boiled and are seasoned with spices, herbs, and other ingredients to enhance their flavor. Mixed vegetables can be served as a side dish or as a main course, and can be accompanied by a variety of dishes such as rice, pasta, or bread. They are a popular choice for those who follow a vegetarian or vegan diet, and are also a great way to get a variety of vitamins and minerals into your diet.
Mixed Vegetable recipe is a healthy and delicious dish that is a perfect combination of various vegetables like carrots, beans, peas, potatoes, and more. This dish is easy to prepare and can be cooked in just a few minutes. The following is a detailed recipe for making Mixed Vegetables along with its benefits.
- 1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 cup of green beans
- 1 cup of green peas
- 1 medium-sized potato, diced
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
How to Prepared:
Take oil in a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat.Add the chopped onions and minced garlic and cook until they are translucent.Add the diced potatoes and cook for about 5 minutes until they are slightly browned.Add the chopped carrots, green beans, and green peas to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes.Season the vegetables with salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, and paprika. Stir to combine.Add the tomato paste and vegetable broth to the pan. Stir to combine.In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with a little bit of water.Pour the cornstarch mixture into the pan and stir to combine.
Cook until the sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
Serve hot and enjoy!
Benefits of Mixed Vegetables:
- Rich in nutrients: This dish is packed with various vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, Vitamin C, potassium, and iron.
- Low in calories: Mixed Vegetables are a low-calorie food, making it a great option for those looking to lose weight.
- Supports a healthy digestion: The fiber in mixed vegetables helps to promote healthy digestion and prevent constipation.
- Boosts the immune system: The high Vitamin C content in mixed vegetables helps to boost the immune system, keeping you healthy and preventing illnesses.
- Promotes heart health: The potassium in mixed vegetables helps to regulate blood pressure, reducing the risk of heart disease and stroke.
- Antioxidant properties: The antioxidants in mixed vegetables help to protect the body from damage caused by free radicals, reducing the risk of chronic diseases such as cancer.
- Versatile dish: This dish can be served as a main course, a side dish, or even as a snack. It can be served hot or cold, and can be seasoned to suit your taste preferences.
In conclusion, Mixed Vegetables are a delicious and healthy dish that is easy to prepare. With its rich nutrients, low-calorie content, and various health benefits, it’s a dish that everyone should add to their meal rotation. So, the next time you’re looking for a healthy and tasty meal, try making Mixed Vegetables and enjoy the benefits of this wonderful dish!